Thursday, June 20, 2013

My Adventure/Part 2

Well, I jogged a half mile today with out stopping.I know-you are not impressed. I am a long way from the time I could run a 2:08 half mile and a 4:41 mile. It has been 28 years since I have jogged that far without stopping.My first crack at it was last December. I cracked it alright. Pulled my Achilles tendon and limped for 6 months. But, I,m back. Training for a triathlon event for September 7th in Clermont Florida. I talked my daughter into the running part, and I will do the bike part. We are having a tough time finding a swimmer. I haven't started a training regiment for swimming. I might start swimming at Lake Lanier. My training goal is to get my rhythm back by running 10 days straight. Not hard-but consistent. The first day I felt like I was running with a flat tire. Everything was moving in the wrong direction. But it will change. I know it will. Its my 'second wind'.   

No comments:

Post a Comment